Re: ver. 2.11.56 problems

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: ver. 2.11.56 problems
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:21:48 +0200

Am 20.08.2008 um 11:15 schrieb Graham Percival:

It's not the job of the lilypond manual to teach users how to use
their operating systems.  There's *tons* of other help available
on the internet for such tasks -- and a lot of that help has much
prettier pictures than we'd have the patience to create.

Cheers,
- Graham

This is very true, and I did have to consult much other information in order to get it working, and the instructions in the lilypond documentation can, with patience, be understood. The information is there, and it's all correct, I'm just saying that for someone who's making their first forays into this kind of software, knowing what a $PATH is and setting it, and understanding that you have to explicitly tell the computer that you want to do something in the current directory is huge information.