Re: live cd-with lilypond

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: live cd-with lilypond
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:25:52 +0200

2008/8/22 Stefan Thomas <address@hidden>:

> I'm searching for a live Cd with lilypond. I know, there is Musix, but it
> has a very old version. And UBUNTU Studio, as far as I know, is not a live
> CD, or is it?

I'm afraid the best way is to build it yourself...

I built a Lilypond live-CD in June for my pupils (it took me a whole night :-)
After having tried with Mandriva and Fedora, I discovered that Ubuntu
was probably the easiest to tweak. There's a nice, bery user-friendly
tool called http://uck.sourceforge.net/

There are also http://larch.berlios.de/ (a bit more geeky), and
http://custom.nimblex.net/ which is incredibly cool but does not
include LilyPond :-(

(hey we should ask them if they could! I'll send them a mail...)

Good luck anyway!

Cheers,
Valentin