Re: live cd-with lilypond

From: Rob Canning
Subject: Re: live cd-with lilypond
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 22:28:40 +0100

Hello,

We hope to include Lilypond in our debian based Puredyne distribution
https://code.goto10.org/projects/puredyne
but at the moment we have found that lilypond pulls texlive as a dependency, which is way too big for the CD ISO so when we release a live dvd version lilypond will be present for sure.
https://code.goto10.org/projects/puredyne/ticket/445

I use lilypond alot in my work so I will be chasing this one up.

Is there any way to run lilypond without texlive? or in a way that will make it less bloated for a live cd?

Cheers,

Rob

Stefan Thomas wrote:
Dear Valentin,
many thanks for Your tips!
You are right, nimblex looks great,it would be a good thing, if there could be included Lilypond!

2008/8/22 Valentin Villenave <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>

    2008/8/22 Stefan Thomas <address@hidden
    <mailto:address@hidden>>:

    > I'm searching for a live Cd with lilypond. I know, there is
    Musix, but it
    > has a very old version. And UBUNTU Studio, as far as I know, is
    not a live
    > CD, or is it?

    I'm afraid the best way is to build it yourself...

    I built a Lilypond live-CD in June for my pupils (it took me a
    whole night :-)
    After having tried with Mandriva and Fedora, I discovered that Ubuntu
    was probably the easiest to tweak. There's a nice, bery user-friendly
    tool called http://uck.sourceforge.net/

    There are also http://larch.berlios.de/ (a bit more geeky), and
    http://custom.nimblex.net/ which is incredibly cool but does not
    include LilyPond :-(

    (hey we should ask them if they could! I'll send them a mail...)

    Good luck anyway!

    Cheers,
    Valentin