Re: Many thanks!

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Many thanks!
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 08:32:01 +0100

Don Ravey wrote Sunday, August 24, 2008 7:19 AM

It's been a long time since I've used list servers, I hope I'm responding correctly.

Absolutely fine!

I'm blown away at the rapid and very helpful response I got to my question. Dominic, Jonathan and Brett: your comments and advice are much appreciated!

I downloaded what I thought was the latest stable version, but I will now upgrade.

2.11.56 is better and more stable than any 2.10 release now.
It will shortly become the 2.12 stable release.

I do a lot of programming, including database (SQL etc.), and have done so for many, many years (don't ask!), and I've been an amateur musician for well over a half century, but I'm having a tough time getting the hang of this notation. But I've only been trying to learn for a couple of days--I'll get there!

I've been learning it for a couple of years, and I'm still
learning!  In case you haven't yet discovered it, the
Learning Manual in the 2.11 releases is the best place
to start.  It applies pretty well to 2.10 as well.

Thanks for your help!  I'm sure I'll ask more questions.

Please do!

Don Ravey

Trevor