Lyrics - NR 2.1.3.2

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Lyrics - NR 2.1.3.2
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 10:35:39 +0100

Francisco

Are you still working on Lyrics? If so, may I suggest an addition to NR 2.1.3.2 Lyrics independent of notes? The section would then show two methods of producing lyrics independent of notes.

The following example works in 2.11, although it did not work correctly in 2.10, which is probably why it did not appear in earlier versions of the manual:

<<
 \new Staff { c''2 c''2 d''1 }
 \new Lyrics \lyricmode { I2 like4. my8 cat!1 }
 \new Staff { c'8 c' c' c' c' c' c' c' c' c' c' c' c' c' c' c' }

This illustrates the use of explicit durations in lyrics.

Trevor