Re: question about installation

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: question about installation
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:18:30 +0100

Luc

These windows are not part of LilyPond - they are merely the normal windows which are used in your computer. That image shows a window in which files are being edited, a window in which the pdf output is being displayed, and a window in which the LilyPond program was executed.

There is no way in which you can see the pdf output appearing as you edit a LilyPond file - you always have to edit, then compile and then view. But there are a number of tools which facilitate this process. Search for lilypondtool in the -user archives, http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/, for one (not sure if this has been used in Vista though). Or you can use a highlighting editor like ConTEXT which provides function keys which you can set to compile and view LilyPond files (this is what I use). There may be others ...

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Luc Dejans" <address@hidden>