Converting lilypond to music xml

From: Alastair Irving
Subject: Converting lilypond to music xml
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:19:38 +0100

Hello List

I'd be very surprised if this hasn't been asked before, but searches of the archives haven't turned up anything useful. Is there any way of converting lilypond files into music xml? If not, are there any plans for such a tool?

I use software to convert music into Braille, and it only accepts input in xml. Currently, my only method is to do OCR on the pdf output and then correct any errors, which seems rather ludicrous.

Alastair Irving