Re: Converting lilypond to music xml

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Converting lilypond to music xml
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 01:16:26 +0200

2008/8/24 Alastair Irving <address@hidden>:

> I'd be very surprised if this hasn't been asked before, but searches of the
> archives haven't turned up anything useful.  Is there any way of converting
> lilypond files into music xml?  If not, are there any plans for such a tool?

This is registered as a feature request. All we need now is enough
resources (people, skills, time) to implement it.

> I use software to convert music into Braille, and it only accepts input in
> xml.  Currently, my only method is to do OCR on the pdf output and then
> correct any errors, which seems rather ludicrous.

With some luck we'll have native Braille support for LilyPond before
MusicXML export; at least one person has already been working on it
and I hope he'll have enough time to achieve it some day.

Cheers,
Valentin