Re: Mark_engraver in PianoStaff?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Mark_engraver in PianoStaff?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:48:03 +0100

Hi Alexander,

2008/8/25 Alexander Kobel <address@hidden>:

> I tried to copy from the Piano-centered dynamics template and it's
> Dynamics context, which seems to be similar. I ended up with the
> attached output, which looks quite okay.
>
> However, during compilation Lily complains /a lot/ about the direction
> property of RehearsalMark, MetronomeMark and TextSpanner:
>        "Programmierfehler: [programming error:] direction unknown, but
> aligned-side wanted"
> and later
>        "Ein Objekt außerhalb der Notenzeile sollte eine Richtung haben,
> Vorgabe ist »nach oben«"
>        [An object outside of the staff should have a direction, default is
> UP.]
>
> What's up with this?

You've set the direction of these objects to CENTER, which doesn't
make sense for grobs which are normally aligned above or below a
stave. Remove the direction overrides and tweak the positioning using
the VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent override.

Since you've moved the engravers for rehearsal marks and metronome
marks, you should also move the Staff_collecting_engraver (see the
note in the internals reference here:
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/Mark_005fengraver.html#Mark_005fengraver)

Regards,
Neil