Re: Mark_engraver in PianoStaff?

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Mark_engraver in PianoStaff?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:56:02 +0200

James E. Bailey wrote:
> How does the output differ from what's suggested in 1.8.1.3, printing
> marks on every staff?

For one thing, Kieren's right, although I didn't notice this problem up
to now. Since those marks don't belong to a single voice, it doesn't
seem to make sense to put them there, and you run into problems with a
french score.

On the other hand, this is my minor problem - from your link I recognize
that I should have moved the engravers to the inner staves of the piano
staff. Then the marks are in place above this very staff and not doubled
all above the score.
And this approach saves space - refering to my problems with the new
context, with the new context I have to somehow align the grobs. And as
far as I understand, I always get better (= space-saving) results with
your solution that doesn't bypass the skyline algorithm. Right?

Anyway, thanks to all!