Re: wikipedia: "GNU Lilypond" article

From: George_
Subject: Re: wikipedia: "GNU Lilypond" article
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 02:15:43 -0700 (PDT)

Me too, I think it is too long. A musical equivalent of "Hello World" (maybe
Mary had a little lamb or something similar?) would be good.

An alternative is to have what is already in the online docs and the LSR,
where clicking the image of the output gives you the code. Maybe that isn't
actually possible in Wikipedia, in which case, it might be feasible to
include it in the description of the upload page? I think that would be
preferable, as it would actually allow more features to be showcased than
the current example.

Actually I agree with the advisory. The example is way too large for an
example.
Most programming languages have only "Hello, world".
So should Lilypond.

Bert