Re: custom titles example doesn't work

From: Tom Cloyd
Subject: Re: custom titles example doesn't work
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 04:44:16 -0700

James, and Reinhold,

Thanks for your response.

Yes it is late, but that's not the problem (really!). THIS is the problem - the Notation Reference (NR) for GNU LilyPond version 2.11.56, section 3.2.2 on creating custom titles, says this about "evenHeaderMarkup": "This is the page header for even-numbered pages. If unspecified, the odd header is used instead."

So by specifying "odd..." but NOT "even..." I was trying to be clever and specify both in one statement. The documentation, to me, indicates that this is possible, and even a designed in feature. That would be perfect, since what I'm wanting is a title on each page, so that loose page are identified as to the piece they're from. A reasonable idea, no?

But what I got was something different. I got a header on page 1 - clearly not needed, as it's already titled, but not one on page 2, where the documentation says there should be one, by virtue of the default.

Is my confusion a bit more understandable now?

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

t.