Re: custom titles example doesn't work

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: custom titles example doesn't work
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:06:21 +0300

Hi Tom,

2008/8/26 Tom Cloyd:

> So by specifying "odd..." but NOT "even..." I was trying to be clever and
> specify both in one statement. The documentation, to me, indicates that this
> is possible, and even a designed in feature. That would be perfect, since
> what I'm wanting is a title on each page, so that loose page are identified
> as to the piece they're from. A reasonable idea, no?
>
> I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Is this what you're after?

%%% start %%%
\version "2.11.56"

\header
{
    title = "Foo Bar opus 1"
    composer = "John The Composer"
}

#(define (not-first-page layout props arg)
    (if (= (chain-assoc-get 'page:page-number props -1)
        (ly:output-def-lookup layout 'first-page-number))
        empty-stencil
        (interpret-markup layout props arg)))

\paper
{
    oddHeaderMarkup = \markup {
        \fill-line { \on-the-fly #not-first-page
        { \fromproperty #'header:title
        \fromproperty #'header:composer }}
    }
    evenHeaderMarkup = \markup {
        \fill-line { \fromproperty #'header:title
        \fromproperty #'header:composer }
    }
    ragged-bottom = ##t
    ragged-last-bottom = ##t
}

{
    c'1 \pageBreak c' \pageBreak c' \pageBreak c'
}

-Risto