Re: wikipedia: "GNU Lilypond" article

From: sdfgsdhdshd
Subject: Re: wikipedia: "GNU Lilypond" article
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 05:08:09 -0700 (PDT)

Tom Cloyd-2 wrote:

> Well, the alternative is more verbiage about how things work - or excise
> the example and leave it all rather terse. To me this is a clear case of
> "a picture is worth a thousand words". Only it's an illustration, not a
> picture, as it were. Too short to teach, but long enough to illustrate.

Agree on the idea, but wikipedia is more a text encyclopedia, even if there
are numerous images.
The "example" section has no really introduction, it begins with syntax
details. If you add a paragraph saying how much lilypond can do with few
code, and few syntax explanations, maybe they will accept the example.

The french page is nicely written, with no example.
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/LilyPond http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/LilyPond