Re: Adding an extra staff

From: alistair zaldua
Subject: Re: Adding an extra staff
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:50:47 +0200

Hi Orm,
thanks a lot for your help.

> what you're trying to do seems to be creating a staff system on the
fly,

-Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to do, only I had copied out the example provided by the LSR archive:

file:///Users/alistairzaldua/Documents/Lilypond%20Stuff/Lilypond-texts/lilypond-2.11.56-1.documentation/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets/Staff-notation.html#Staff-notation

 I used your example but unfortunately it wouldn't parse, I also tried trouble-shooting using the % trick, but I still couldn't locate the error, the message being:

/Applications/LilyPond-2.11.56-1.app/Contents/Resources/share/
lilypond/current/ly/init.ly:49:66: error: syntax error,
unexpected $end
   (ly:parser-error parser (_ "expected error, but none found"))))

I think your suggestion of creating contexts is definitely the way to go,  so will look into that.

Greetings,

alistair