Re: dynamic line spanner overrides and voice contexts

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: dynamic line spanner overrides and voice contexts
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 22:42:23 +0200

Am 30.08.2008 um 21:28 schrieb Neil Puttock:

Hi James,

2008/8/30 James E. Bailey <address@hidden>:
Okay, it took me a while to figure all of this out. Normally, with the piano centered dynamics needing to be attached to a voice, I'd just name the voice and be done with it, however, when I do that, with the staff changes, I encounter another problem: the dynamics follow the voice into the lower
staff.

The centred dynamics template is the last remaining place where the
old dynamics engraver is used, since there are a few callback issues
with the new engraver which need tidying up. Fortunately, you can
still use the new engraver (the errors are minor), which will fix the
override problem without having to attach the dynamics to a voice. Try
the following in the Dynamics context definition:

Replace \consists "Dynamic_engraver" with \consists "New_dynamic_engraver".

To get rid of the annoying error messages about script direction not
being set there are two workarounds: either add an override for the
DynamicText 'direction (UP or DOWN; it makes little difference in the
centred case) or add \consists "Dynamic_align_engraver".

Regards,
Neil

You solve all of my problems. That's just wonderful. Thank you.