Re: lyrics and repeat

From: Joseph Haig
Subject: Re: lyrics and repeat
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 23:10:24 +0100

2008/8/31 Grammostola Rosea <address@hidden>:
> Dominic Neumann wrote:
>>
>> To add more lines of lyrics easily add another \addlyrics { ... }
>> after the first.
>> It doesn´t matter if there´s a repeat in the notes - LilyPond typesets
>> the lyrics as you see them on the paper.
>>

> But I don't use \addlyrics here, but:
>
> verse = \lyricmode {
>>
>>  % Lyrics follow here.
>>  Wise men say on -- ly fools rush in, But I can't help fall -- ing
>>  in love with you. Like a riv -- er flows sure -- ly to the sea, Dar --
>> ling
>>  so it goes Some -- things__ are meant to be. Take my hand. take my whole
>>  life too. For I can't help fall -- ing in love with you.
>
> }

You want to add:

versetwo = \lyricmode {
  % Second line of words here
}

and then later, where you have:

\new Staff { \melody } \addlyrics { \verse }

you want:

\new Staff { \melody }
\addlyrics { \verse }
\addlyrics { \versetwo }

Note that the lyrics are not part of the staff, but are a separate
line in themselves so you can have as many of them as you want.

Hope this helps,

Joe