Re: lyrics and repeat

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: lyrics and repeat
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 18:10:02 +0300

Hi,

2008/9/1 Grammostola Rosea <address@hidden>:

> Can someone tell me why D.S. is not at the end of the bar, but on the
> beginning? How do I change that?

You are using it as a \mark and it is now attached to the next bar line.

You could try: r2 ^\markup "D.S.".

> Why isn't the second coda sign not displayed? Thanks in advance.

It is sort of a consequence of the "D.S.". You have both D.S. and coda
sign assigned to the same position (bar line). I guess the second got
canceled.

If I have understood correctly, for Lilypond the D.S. and codas are
just "text" and you cannot loop music i.e. MIDI with them. They are
just visual aids for the real performer as James already pointed out.
Therefore, you don't need to contain the D.S. or coda parts inside
curly brackets.

If I'm wrong I'll take the lashing. :-)

-Risto