Re: lyrics and repeat

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: lyrics and repeat
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 17:48:16 +0200

Am 01.09.2008 um 17:27 schrieb Grammostola Rosea:

Risto Vääräniemi wrote:
If I have understood correctly, for Lilypond the D.S. and codas are
just "text" and you cannot loop music i.e. MIDI with them. They are
just visual aids for the real performer as James already pointed out.
Therefore, you don't need to contain the D.S. or coda parts inside
curly brackets.

Thanks. I have it now like this, see below.

What if I want to use the repeats with MIDI? How should I change my score?

Thanks in advance,
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond/Repeats-in-MIDI.html#Repeats-in-MIDI
That's one I actually forget rather regularly. Hopefully when it it's re-written, it will be easier to know that "MIDI" is part of "output". Or, just reading through the NR, you get a feel for where things are.