Make moll chords small, again

From: Philip Chinery
Subject: Make moll chords small, again
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 11:11:32 +0200

Hello,

I have come up with this topic before, but it always stranded somehow.

What am I looking for?

I want to have moll chords printed lowercase and without the "m", so a:m
should be printed "a" instead of "Am". This is the notation standard for our
songs and we do not want to change it now. As we are now extending our
songbook to notes, this should be the same for lilypond, of course.

As it seems, there is no out-of-the-box way. This was mentioned in an
ancient log message, but either it does not work anymore or noone remembers.

So, what would be needed in order to implement such a feature? I had a look
(well, several) at the scheme files, specially chord-name.scm, and the
documentation. It seems to me, that there is the need for a new ChordName
function, which does the work.

And this is, where my knowledge ends, I am afraid. Is this way, so far,
correct? Is there anyone, who cn help me there? My Scheme-abilities are very
low, so I don't think I will be able to create such a function on my own.
And also, the documentation on the internal objects does not give me real
clues (like NoteEvent has a name and types, but no clue where the
music-specific things are).

Many thank in advance :)

Regards,
Philip