Re: one measure per line

From: Josh Parmenter
Subject: Re: one measure per line
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:04:54 -0700

Thanks David... that actually gives me some ideas.

Josh

On Sep 8, 2008, at 11:03 AM, David Bobroff wrote:

I'm not sure that LilyPond has a parameter to set to do what you want. What springs to my mind is using \break to achieve the effect you want.

Let's assume your piece is in 4/4 and is 25 measures long.

myBreaks = {
        \repeat unfold 25 {
        s1 \break

Then, in your \score block use \myBreaks inside << >> with your music expression. This will force a break after every measure.

Hope this helps.

-David

Josh Parmenter wrote:
I've been searching through the docs and online, and i think the keywords I am using are making this difficult... does anyone have a suggestion for how I can set up parameters so that lilypond only allows one measure per line?
Thanks for any help.
Josh
/* Joshua D. Parmenter
http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/