Left margins

From: Cath Downie
Subject: Left margins
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 13:27:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

The left margin in my score is too small to fit in the instrument names, and I
need to allow for binding as well. I have tried the following commands:
- indent - this indented the first line only, but the following lines were
still too far left

- horizontal-shift - this sounded like it should be the one to use, but there
was no effect using the following:
\layout {
horizontal-shift = 3.0\cm }

- left-margin - as above, this had no effect.

- line-width - this had the effect of shortening the line at the right end,
but it was still just as far over to the left.

I'd be grateful if anyone could advise me on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Cath