Re: notation TAB matching

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: notation TAB matching
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:59:59 -0400

http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond/Different-editions-from-one-source.html#Using-tags

<http://kainhofer.com/%7Elilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond/Different-editions-from-one-source.html#Using-tags>
> > (It may be possible using scheme code to capture any time a tie is
> > used to strip the tie and the note following it, but I don't know
how.)

> Ok, this helps. But a little problem arises... how should I display
this
> without an slur
>
> a,4 ~ a,4.
>
> It isn't
>
> a,2.
>
> is it?
>
> Should I add an rest and makes those invisible?

See the banjo music on my site. It's not worth the trouble of fine
tuning this. Make notes blocks by copying if possible and then fill in
fingering in the notes part(s) and remove many engravers from the tab
staff. That's the only way to get it entirely the way you want it.

Wnenever there are both a tab and a music staff it is best IMO
if the tab staff contains nothing but the string lines and fret
numbers. Without ties or rests there must be differences of
opinion in exactly how the tab should be rendered. I don't see
any generally acceptable solution. It is also a problem that the music
might be in two parts but the tab should always be in one. daveA

--
Free download of technical exercises worth a lifetime of practice:
http://www.openguitar.com/dynamic.html :::: You can play the cards