Re: page-breaking favours last page?

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: page-breaking favours last page?
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:32:29 -0700

Hi Kieren,

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 04:49:56PM -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> [Lilypond 2.11.58]

I didn't realize 2.11.58 was released, since Han-Wen hasn't pushed a
tagged commit yet.  :-)

> Is it just me, or does the new page-breaking algorithm favour the last
> page?

See if the top-margin and bottom-margin are smaller than before (you
can check with annotate-spacing).  These variables are now *exact*
(instead of *scaled*) as of 2.11.58, so you might want to try
increasing them to achieve the same layout you had before.

HTH,
Patrick