Re: page-breaking favours last page?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: page-breaking favours last page?
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:28:36 -0400

Hi Patrick,

I didn't realize 2.11.58 was released, since Han-Wen hasn't pushed a
tagged commit yet.  :-)

You're right… I'm still on .57!  =\

you might want to try increasing [top-margin and bottom-margin]
to achieve the same layout you had before.

Thanks — I'll see if that's causing the problem.

I might be misunderstanding.  I'm not sure if you are referring to the
page breaking changes between 2.10 and 2.11 specifically.  Is this a
piece that you typeset with a 2.10.** version?

No… I'm just reacting to having typeset a bunch of stuff over the years, and noticing that recently (i.e., in the last year or so), I'm having more difficulty getting the page layout — specifically, system spacing — the way I want it. This "first page gap" is the problem that rears its ugly head the most often, and I don't remember being confronted with it very often in the past.

Could be just me!  =\

Thanks,
Kieren.