Re: convert-ly broken on Mac OS X "Tiger"?

From: David Fedoruk
Subject: Re: convert-ly broken on Mac OS X "Tiger"?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:55:38 -0700

Hello:

I recall that one of the pages in the Lilypond documentation
specifically for Mac OS X suggested a second way to set environmental
variables via Property LIst. I created that suggested Property List
but the path for Python began /System/Library (I cut and pasted it
from the example.

However typing env in a command line window reveals this path for python:

PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin

No System in front of it!

I installed the Mac OS X Python package as well, so there was a
conflict between those two paths. I logged out of my account and
logged back in to see if the change had been made. convert-ly still
failed. I've restarted and attempted convert-ly with the same results.

My current version of python:

Python -V
Python 2.5.2

Python shell:

Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 22 2008, 07:57:53)

which Python:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/Python

env

PYTHON_DATADIR=/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/
PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin: (etc.)

Mac OS X 10.4.11 PPC 1Ghz iBook G4

The only change I can see to make would be to be more explicit in the
Property List and add the line as in the result of "which".

David