Re: centering instrument name between staves

From: Jan van Dijk
Subject: Re: centering instrument name between staves
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 02:01:34 +0200

Op Saturday 13 September 2008 01:45:28 schreef David Bobroff:
> I'm trying to center an instrument name between two staves in a
> StaffGroup.  I looked for something in the docs and the LSR that was
> similar and didn't find what I was looking for.  The closest thing is a
> piano staff.  I tried setting the systemStartDelimiter to
> systemStartBracket but then I got the curly brace AND the bracket.
>
> To be as clear as possible; I want to position this like the word
> "Piano" would be placed on a PianoStaff but with a square bracket rather
> than the piano curly brace.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Perhaps this might help:
Add the following to your layout:

   \context {
      \StaffGroup
      \consists "Instrument_name_engraver"
   }

And set the instrumentName after the initialisation of your StaffGroup:
   \score {
     \context StaffGroup
      <<
         \set StaffGroup.instrumentName = \markup { Piano  \hspace #1 }
         \context Staff
         <<

   }

Good luck,