Re: Newby questions

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Newby questions
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:35:57 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
lilypond --pdf  filename.ly
There's no need for the --pdf flag, you get a PDF by default.
On my WInXP machine, this works fine. The program spits out some status lines, and the *.ps and *.pdf files appear. On my Win Vista laptop, when I type the command the version line appears ... and I wait. It sits there about 45 or 50 seconds, then (finally) runs normally. Does anybody know what's going on hre, and what I can do to fix it?
What LilyPond version do you use? One such problem was fixed
in version 2.11.43, according to http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=545&can=1&q=vista but may remain in version 2.10.33. Unfortunately, there is a serious Windows related bug in the latest development version, but if you try version 2.11.56 from http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/mingw/ you will get a version that's at least as stable as the "stable" 2.10.33 version and hopefully solves your Vista problems. It also has several improvements compared to 2.10.

   /Mats