Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)

From: Andrew Hawryluk
Subject: Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:25:39 -0600

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Reinhold Kainhofer
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 14. September 2008 schrieb Reinhold Kainhofer:
>> > a:hover {
>> >     /*
>> >     change the text color like you do
>> >     hide the underlining/border if you wish, I'd rather not
>> >     */
>>
>> I would remove underlining, because the differen color of links

+1

> Sorry, I meant I would not change the default behavior at all. The browser
> settings for links I mentioned in my previous mail typically include
> either "No underlining", "Always underline", "Underline only on Hover"
> (Konqueror) or a checkbox to let the user underline / not underline links
> (Firefox and Opera, which also lets you change this differently for visited
> and unvisited links).

When only 0.29% of web users change the size of the text in their
browser*, the number of people with custom link settings must be
vanishingly small. (I had not even heard of this option until now.)
Therefore, I vote for no underlining of links. At the very least there
should be no underlining in the Table of Contents because everything
there is a link.

Andrew

http://www.clickdensity.com/Text-Sizes-Study.aspx