Re: Beginners questions - cross staff slurs.

From: Patrick Horgan
Subject: Re: Beginners questions - cross staff slurs.
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:55:33 -0700

Mark Polesky wrote:
Nice work, Kieren. I forgot about#'height-limit. I also forgot to
include an image file (something I'm trying to do more). Here it is:

Mark, yours is much better than the original lilypond solution, but, particularly in the first measure, the original pdf breathed much better in the first measure, (and also in the last though it should have moved the rests in the bass clef.) The tightness of that first measure makes me feel a bit claustrophobic.  The third arpeggio has a lot of space after it and before the bar, but the other two remind me of passengers in a japanese train. In all other ways  I like yours better;)
the original example
Patrick
Mark