Re: piano pedal vertical alignment question

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: piano pedal vertical alignment question
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 22:39:47 +0100

2008/9/15 Risto Vääräniemi <address@hidden>:
> Hi Neil,
>
> 2008/9/14 Neil Puttock <address@hidden>:
>
>> No, unless you're compiling from source.  The asterisk's bounding box
>> is hard-coded during font generation (see attached image).
>
> How did you get that image? In Lilypond or in Fontforge (or something
> else)? I'd like to see if the numbers in Emmentaler have different
> bounding boxes because they are not correctly aligned in time
> signature  (at least on Windoze - on Mac they behave better).

\markup \override #'(box-padding . 0) \rounded-box \musicglyph #"pedal.*"

I'm afraid I can't verify your alignment problems under 2.11.57;
though I can only test .57 under Windows, I can't see any difference
between XP SP3 x86 (2.11.57) and Ubuntu x86-64 (compiled from current
git).  Judging by your images, both time signatures are misaligned,
since the curve at the base of the `4' isn't visible.

Have you tested 2.11.58 yet?

Regards,
Neil