Re: midi dynamics

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: midi dynamics
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:21:12 -0400

Hi Mats,

p.s. Mats: is there any way to avoid having the \dynX tweak? Unfortunately, I've never found a way to code the alignment within the dynamic script itself…
One alternative is "Solution 6" in the snippet "Horizontally aligning ..." at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/input/lsr/lilypond- snippets/Expressive-marks#Expressive-marks

Unless I'm misunderstanding, what you pointed to is exactly what I'm trying to avoid — in fact, I think Solution 6 came from me in the first place! =) I want the Scheme code to set the #'X-offset "internally", as opposed to just \translating the DynamicText (which, as seen on the page you linked to, is no real solution).

Best,
Kieren.