Re: Fw: Re: Paper and Header Problem

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Paper and Header Problem
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:36:58 -0400

I have another solution, that works well (see below).

>> From: "Ralph Palmer" <address@hidden>

>> I'm running LY 2.11.53 under Windows XP SP3.

Time to upgrade, maybe? :-)

I got scared by someone having problems with  2.11.57 (was it?) under WinXP SP3.

Ralph,

try this is your paper block (no need to tweak the \header blocks individually).

\paper{
 scoreTitleMarkup = \markup { \column {
     \fill-line {
       \fromproperty #'header:meter
       \fromproperty #'header:poet
Valentin - Won't that just throw the same "poet" and "meter" onto every tune (etude)? And I didn't think you could put a \paper block inside a \score block. The block area is one that I still don't understand well, even after trying to research it in the Learning Manual and the Notation Reference.

You can also refer to this discussion:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-08/msg00945.html

I'm afraid that discussion doesn't seem to be addressing my problem at all as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm dense. I'm certainly puzzled and confused.

Cheers,
Valentin

--
Ralph Palmer