Re: Fw: Re: Paper and Header Problem

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Paper and Header Problem
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:31:19 +0200

2008/9/18 Ralph Palmer <address@hidden>:

> I got scared by someone having problems with  2.11.57 (was it?) under WinXP
> SP3.

This has been fixed, fortunately.

>> \paper{
>>  scoreTitleMarkup = \markup { \column {
>>      \fill-line {
>>        \fromproperty #'header:meter
>>        \fromproperty #'header:poet
>>      }
>>    }
>>  }
>> }

> Valentin - Won't that just throw the same "poet" and "meter" onto every tune
> (etude)? And I didn't think you could put a \paper block inside a \score
> block. The block area is one that I still don't understand well, even after
> trying to research it in the Learning Manual and the Notation Reference.

Nope, this will print the correct poet and meter for every tune. And
the \paper block goes at the top of your .ly file, outside any \score
or \book.

Another way, that would work out-of-the-box, would be to use "piece"
and "instrument" fields instead of "poet" and "meter". However, let me
invite you to give my trick a test :-)

Cheers,
Valentin