showLastLength as a command-line option?

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: showLastLength as a command-line option?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:09:52 -0500

Would it be possible technically to specify the showLastLength value when invoking lilypond instead of putting it in the .ly file? Something like

lilypond --lastlength=20 filename.ly

to process only the last 20 bars? The problem with this particular example (and maybe with trying to do this at all) is that it doesn't specify the length of each bar, but it could be set to a default of R1 I guess.

My original idea was to try to put this into a shell script, but I don't have the slightest idea how to go about it. I'm not a programmer but am starting to get some basic scripting chops and I'd like to learn how to customize my lilypond experience a bit further. This is a feature I'd LOVE to have. I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com