Re: style sheet: dynamic {espr, dolce, legato}

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: style sheet: dynamic {espr, dolce, legato}
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 00:18:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Graham,

I've been trying to tackle this recently. I'm taking
a slightly different approach, partly because I want
a flexible way of having dynamic-text and italic-text
in any order.

For instance, a line like this:

  subitopp = #(make-dynamic-extra "subito" "pp")

won't display properly because LliyPond will try to
display the "subito" as dynamic text.

My procedure solves this, but it's still a work in
progress, mostly because I haven't gotten around to
address the horizontal placement issue. There's an
exhaustive snippet (kudos to that author) on that
very issue, I just haven't incorporated it yet.

Also, your procedure name is more concise! I opted
for the lengthy "make-custom-dynamic-script" because
I'm a stickler for sticking to a convention. I don't
know if that's always a good thing.

As far as scheme goes, I'm still learning. I'm
constantly plagued by the feeling that there's a more
elegant or concise solution, so any comments are
certainly welcome.

Let me know what you think,
Mark