Re: Printing problem with Evince

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Printing problem with Evince
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:44:04 +0200

2008/9/24 Daniel Hulme <address@hidden>:
> Usually for printing I just give the PDF to lp, which is the
> command-line client for CUPS. (Ubuntu uses CUPS by default, I believe.)
> I've never had any problems.

Good idea, one always trends to print from the same app he is viewing
the document on, but if you have launched the viewer from command
line, printing from command line as well is even faster. I continue
using evince as gnome standard viewer in Ubuntu, but have tried "lp
file" and prints with no problem. This solves the issue for me; this
behaviour about bar lines is an ugly bug, and not fixed, though.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org