[Fwd: Re: insert blanc first page with page-turn-breaking]

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: [Fwd: Re: insert blanc first page with page-turn-breaking]
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:33:20 +0200

Uh, wanted to give this to the list, too.

Besides, you might want to change the first page number:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Page-formatting#Other-layout-variables

(Not sure whether this is done automatically; I never had to use this
feature so far...)
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: insert blanc first page with page-turn-breaking Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:29:09 +0200 User-agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 (Macintosh/20080914)
Toine Schreurs wrote:
> The page-turn-breaking does a marvellous job. If necessary, the output
> starts at page 2.
> Is it possible to insert a blanc first page in that case?
> I want to print the results with a duplex printer, and without
> the first blanc page, all page turns turn out to be wrong.
>
> Toine Schreurs

As far as I know there is no option offered by LilyPond to do so, but
you might want to look at pdftk: http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/
You need a document with a blank page in the size of your sheets
(OpenOffice is your friend), then run
        pdftk blank.pdf <music.pdf> cat output <music-with-blank.pdf>

Besides, you can also extract parts of PDFs, for example to manually
duplex and want to split your document in odd and even pages, or edit
the meta tags of the file. It's just a great tool.

HTH
Alexander

--- End Message ---