Re: lilypond.org down?

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: lilypond.org down?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:49:11 +0200

Am Freitag, 26. September 2008 schrieb Patrick Horgan:
> Paul Scott wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > >From here lilypond.org seems to be down.  I can't even ping it.
>
>  From here too

I can get to the homepage without problems.

>  --if some can get to it, then something on the backbone
> quit routing for some reason.  I did a traceroute which only worked to
> 12 hops, then tried up to 30 with no happiness.

Yes, that's no problem, though. it seems that lilypond.org is configured not
to respond to pings, just like the routers of xs4all.net are. I can't ping
lilypond.org any my traceroute (both from the university in Vienna as well as
from my server in Germany) look like yours, but I can get to the homepage via
http without any problem.

Cheers,
Reinhold