Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:39:52 -0700

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Reinhold Kainhofer
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 18. September 2008 schrieb Patrick McCarty:
>> My main focus with this design is cross-browser and cross-platform
>> compatibility.  Since the default padding, margins, line-height, etc.
>> vary from element to element, and from browser to browser, I added
>> many more CSS style rules in order to give the designer *control* over
>> all of these dimensions.  As a result, the padding, margins, and
>> font-sizes in my design are pretty consistent across browsers and
>> platforms.
>>
>> Color choice is not my forte, so I am willing to change the color
>> scheme.  I really like Andrew's color scheme, FWIW.  Of course the
>> color scheme is very important, since this is *the* main thing people
>> will notice.  For example, the "green" I chose for the h1 header looks
>> horrendous on the Windows platform, but it looks great on my GNU/Linux
>> system.  This color definitely should be changed in the final style.
>
> Do you have git access?
> If so, it would be great if you could provide a patch for this (and of course
> for all further adjustments). Or you commit them directly to git.

No, I don't have git access, but I've attached my latest stylesheet update.

There are a couple of things I noticed with the updates today:

* The stylesheet changes were not reflected on these pages:

http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/index.html
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/devel.html

* Should "The music typesetter" still be on the Notation Reference
index page?  Because it is not on the other index pages anymore.

I have some more work to do on lilypond-ie-fixes.css, so I'll save
that update for later.  I'll address the comments you had for the
stylesheets tomorrow.

Thanks,
Patrick