Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 10:28:21 -0700

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 19:06:53 +0200
Eyolf __strem <address@hidden> wrote:

> But what about the pdf version? I guess, sine it's so much raw tex,

Take a look at texinfo's texi2pdf.  That's how we build it; the
program converts texinfo to tex (or maybe latex; I can't
remember), and from that to pdf.

IIRC the texinfo docs have some info about customizing the tex
stuff to /some/ degree, but I doubt you can do as much as
customization as texi2html offers.

If the built-in customization doesn't do what you want, then your only
option is to hack texi2pdf directly.  That involves C programming, and
a much longer time from your patch to production use in the docs.

Good luck; I don't think this will be easy.

Cheers,
- Graham