Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)

From: Kurt Kroon
Subject: Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 20:06:11 -0700

On 2008/10/01 8:30 AM, "Patrick McCarty" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Kurt Kroon <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> -1, but I've got mad enough skillz to make a user style sheet.  That way, I
>> can make it look however I please.
>>
>> I have attached my current user style sheet, to be applied in lieu of
>> Patrick's styles (in case anyone's interested).
>>
>> Kurtis
>> whose mantra is "I am *not* a representative user"
>
> Hi Kurt,
>
> Thanks for responding.  I wish you would have contributed earlier.  ;-)
>
> I like your stylesheet, in general.  But I think some of the font
> sizes you are using will render parts of the documentation illegible
> on certain platforms (such as in the TOC).  I like your choice of
> color especially.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick

Easy fix: in the body selector, change the font-size to 100%.

And while I'm thinking about it, you could deal with the line-height issue
by setting it to 1.125, without any units.

(
See Eric Meyer's excellent article about this issue:
http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2006/02/08/unitless-line-heights/ -- in
particular, the part where he strongly recommends unitless numbers when you
set it on items with descendants.)
)

Best
Kurtis