Re: Notation Reference 1.8 "Text" : ready for review

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Notation Reference 1.8 "Text" : ready for review
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 06:37:51 -0500

This is really good, Valentin! The examples are very clear and easy to understand. And although I've followed the thread on documentation design, this was the first significant time I'd spent looking at docs in the new design. It looks really nice. Thanks for all the work on design, guys!

Jon

Valentin Villenave wrote:
Greetings everybody,

after six months of hard work (and a significant hair loss as far as
Graham is concerned :-)
I'd like to declare that I officially don't feel competetent enough to
find anything more on my own to improve the 1.8 section of the
Notation Reference, aka "Text".

(and, yes, the former sentence should give you a good example of how
hard it is for me to explain things in a clear and simple way)

So, I definitely need your help guys! Please have a look, and feel
free to comment and criticize whatever comes to your mind.

http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond/Text.html#Text

(This section is better understood alongside with Appendix B.6, which
Neil has filled with nice and sensible examples)

Cheers,
Valentin