Re: Does lilypond takes advantage of multi-cores on windows?

From: sdfgsdhdshd
Subject: Re: Does lilypond takes advantage of multi-cores on windows?
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:55:42 -0700 (PDT)

john.mandereau wrote:

> It may be possible to parallelize some portions of LilyPond code to take
> advantage of multi-core machines, which gradually become quite common,
> I'm tempted to have a look at it in the next months, but don't hold your
> breath :-)

Thanks for the info.
As i have to compile 150 or more files at the same time, this is important
for me.

Nowadays, Intel and others add more and more cores to each processors, and
also processors per motherboard: soon 16 cores. But as time goes by, the
core speed does not increase very much. As if the performance of each core
enters the "flat part of an exponential" ==> my initial question.

(tx for taking care of my breath as i catched a cold ;-) )