Re: Shrinking to fit on a single page

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Shrinking to fit on a single page
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 06:40:41 -0500

Add this line to your \paper block:

  page-count = 1

Jon

address@hidden wrote:

Hi,
        I'm trying to typeset a piece, that should fit on a single
page.  Lilypond keeps trying to put it on two pages.

I've put in \paper{
        ragged-bottom=##t
        bottom-margin=0\mm
  }

and measured the system height, and the single system that flows onto
page two  should fit in the gap between the first page footer and the
last system.

The only solution I've come up with (which is ugly) is
        \paper {
                paper-height=310\mm
                ragged-bottom=##t
        }

Is there a better way?  The documentation reference seems to suggest
that setting between-system-padding and between-system-space should
affect this, but their semantics aren't really described.

I've attached the file.  Sorry, it's not exactly a `minimal' example,
but to show what I mean it has to have a page-worth of stuff.