Re: MIDI: turning off reverb

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: MIDI: turning off reverb
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 06:46:05 -0500

I followed Graham's advice to check into my MIDI player and found that Timidity has a huge array of command-line options. I tried disabling reverb and it helped a bit. Hard to say. It sounded like it still had some reverb but it wasn't nearly as bad. I'm not even completely sure I specified the options/arguments correctly. There were no examples in the manpage (argh!! I hate that!!), and it was hard to say exactly how to do it, since the disable reverb option was nested inside another option that apparently didn't need a hyphen and...(sigh...)

Jon