Re: mBreak function

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: mBreak function
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:05:59 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Danny Sosa <address@hidden> writes
Hello everyone! Thank you all for your help so far.
There is something that I cannot figure out! I need help...
I'm trying to typeset an existing piece of music with lilypond
I thought that using mBreak was a very good idea as explained in the
manual
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Typesetting-existing-music#Typesetting-existing-music
I have tried every different way that I can imagine, and I always get the
same:

2.ly:21:27: error: unknown escaped string: `\mBreak'
    gis [_(a) c_(b) ais b]
                           \mBreak
2.ly:21:27: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING
    gis [_(a) c_(b) ais b]
                           \mBreak
2.ly:10:0: error: errors found, ignoring music expression

and I am doing it pretty much the same as in the
has anybody gone through this who could give me a hand on how to fix
this?
Thanks!
p.s. let me know if you need me to post the whole .ly file

I think the other responses will have helped you on your way ...

Just one "gotcha" to watch out for, that bit me ...

DON'T use it between two alternative voltae :-) It gave me a very confusing error until I twigged - the ?parser? thought it was a volta, so it complained I'd told it there were two voltae but I'd given it three. Left me well puzzled for a short while ...

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden