Re: Moving guitar fingering orientations

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Moving guitar fingering orientations
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 09:06:55 +0100

Nick

d_3 puts fingering below the staff, d^3 above the staff and d-3 leaves LilyPond to choose.

The section in the manual which you mention says "Fingering instructions may be manually placed above or below the staff, see Direction and placement" and that section tells you how.

The \fingeringOrientations command is specifically for chords, that's why it only works for them. This is perhaps not made crystal clear in the manual, although the heading of the snippet which describes the command is "Controlling the placement of chord fingerings".

Now you know, could you suggest how the manual wording might be changed to prevent others having the same difficulty?

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Payne" <address@hidden>