Re: overhead projection of lilypond scores

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: overhead projection of lilypond scores
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:51:04 -0500

It's not hard to create a .png file with transparent background from lilypond source, and with this bit of scheme Trevor linked to you can easily make all the objects on the page yellow. If you can merge the transparent-background music image with a blank blue image, then you will have what you want. I imagine it's not hard to do with Gimp if you have some basic skills. (Or maybe paint the wall blue where you want to project it!?! ;-) ). The lily2image script that Patrick Horgan and I wrote is what I use for making png images with transparent backgrounds. It's posted here:

I've attached an image created with the script and using the scheme Trevor mentioned to make everything yellow.

Jon

Trevor Daniels wrote:
Gerry

It's possible, but not trivial.

This snippet shows how to color the foreground of a score:

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=443

and this -user mail which I posted shows a very messy way of coloring the background:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-09/msg00083.html

No one came up with a better way :(

HTH

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerry Prosser" <address@hidden>