Re: insertion of current date in text string

From: Tom Cloyd
Subject: Re: insertion of current date in text string
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:43:26 -0700

Well, here's how I work: I have the PDF doc files for the Ly version I'm running all open (all except "Lilypond internals", which I'm not diving that deep). When I need something, I use my PDF program (in Kubuntu Linux, it's KPDF, and it excelent) do searches for everything I can think of which relates, which is a lot of stuff. Often I find it.

I also keep extensive separate notes on what I've learned and am learning. The problem is simply that I keep raising the bar, as it were.

Now....again: I'm being misunderstood, and, strangely, it appears that no one is reading either the subject line of this thread or what I'm writing in the message body. Let me say it again:

I want to combine current date (which I now have) with the text string "version" to output the version date OF THE BLOODY SCORE, not of the Lilypond version I'm running. All over the documentation, the authors are relentlessly single minded, as you both have been (ha!) in seeing "version" as referring IN THIS CONTEXT to Lilypond versions. It does not. Other things have versions, too, I assure you. In this case, it's my score(s).

So...hopefully with that cleared up, let me assure you that I've searched all through all the documentation I can find/understand, and I don't see how to do this thing I'm trying to do...

The more general problem is actually more interesting: I looked for a time for some way to combine user created variables (in this case my \date variable) with text strings, when setting up things like titling, etc. I couldn't find a single example of this, nor could I find a general discussion of how to do it. Yet, it must be possible, surely.

Ergo...I need help.

t.

Jonathan Kulp wrote:
Every time I spend five minutes doing this I find something cool. It might be overwhelming to spend an hour :)

Jon

Graham Percival wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:50:05 -0500

I highly recommend that you spend an hour someday just browsing
the Snippet List.  You won't regret it.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham

Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A: (360) 920-1226
<< address@hidden >> (email)
<< TomCloyd.com >> (website) << sleightmind.wordpress.com >> (mental health weblog)